Australia is the third most desired hub for the aspirants wishing to study in a foreign country. The Australian government extends several incentives to its International students to study in the country via its flexible foreign study visa laws.
You are eligible to apply for the Temporary Graduate Visa, if you are:
- Under 50 years of age
- Physically in Australia
- Hold an eligible visa
- Meet the Australian study requirement
- *Meet the English language requirement
Recent graduate with either an eligible qualification or with skills and qualifications that relate to an occupation on the skilled occupation list (SOL)
*English proficiency criteria can be met in one of the two ways:
– An IELTS score of 6
– Passport from an English Speaking Country
The Temporary Graduate Visa is of two kinds:
- According to the Post Study Work Stream Visa Australia, you and your family are permitted to live, work, travel along with study in Australia anywhere between two to four years. You are required to submit application for this visa within six months of your graduation. Also, you should receive the approval for your first visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011.
The time period approved for the Post Study Work Stream Visa Australia depends on your level of education attained from their university:
|Duration of Visa||Degree Required|
|2 years||Bachelor’s Degree|
|2-3 years||Master’s Degree|
|4 years||Doctorate Degree|
- As per the Graduate Work Stream Visa, you and your family have the permission to live, work, travel along with study in Australia anywhere between two to four years. You must submit application for this visa within six months of your graduation. Also, you should have received the approval for your first visa to Australia on or after 5 November 2011.
Applicants with a certificate or a diploma earned from an Australian university meet the basic requirement for this visa. The only other condition is that your education must be specialized in a field in which Australia has a shortage of skilled workers listed in the Skilled Occupation List such as Engineer, Scientist or a Teacher. You must also pass their skills assessment in your area of expertise in order to get approved.
The applicant and all the dependents (or family members) are required to attend the visa appointment in Australia and carry all the required documents. It’s important to understand that despite the flexibility, these visa processes are complex and time consuming.
Therefore, we advocate you must take guidance of a professional and skilled study in Australia consultants in Delhi – mapmystudy – with a large percentage of visa success rates in 2016. Our offices in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh and Australia make it possible for the students to approach our Study Abroad Admission Consultants across the globe to help you with your admission process.