The Statement of Purpose (SOP) has remarkable influence on your admission to study overseas in an English speaking nation such as Australia, US, UK, Canada and more. As it is the most challenging part of the application process, it has the capability to make or break your opportunity. Therefore, it is suggested to seek help of our experienced study abroad consultants to make your SOP is powerful and attractive. Our squad of qualified professionals has counseled and placed thousands of students in international universities and colleges in 2016 itself including IVY Leagues.
There are some specific characters to a perfect Statement of Purpose that can confirm your admission so that you can study overseas in Australia, UK, US or any other country in the universities abroad. The purpose of SOP is to help the committee get a comprehensive understanding of you as an individual. It should not be a copy of someone else’s SOP (Avoid Plagiarism). It helps you stand out amongst the crowd and leave an impression. So, take your time and plan how you wish your Statement of Purpose to sound.
Below are some of the common questions that must be answered in your statement of purpose:
What you want to study at graduate school?
- Why you want to study only this degree?
- Why do you want to study at this particular college? What do you like in us?
- Why did you choose to study in this particular country? What do you like about it?
- How much and what kind of experience you have in your field?
- Is your experience related to you choice of degree?
- If you are already experienced, what additional skills are you planning to gain from the degree?
- What you plan to do with your degree after graduation?
- Would you choose to end up with a job or take up research?
- What are your expectations from both the graduate program, and the university?
- Would you like to study or do research under any particular professor? If yes, why only them?
- How can you contribute to our university and our program? What specific skills do you bring to the table?
- Apart from work and education, what are your hobbies, interests, and habits? What are you like, as a person?
- What do you understand about our student community and culture? Why do you think you will fit in?
- What is that one unique aspect/characteristic about you that we should know? Why does it matter to us or to the fellow students of your class?
Now that you understand the information to be included in your Statement of Purpose, here are a few tips to bear in mind while writing:
- Share your story
- Be Specific
- Avoid using same SOP for all Universities
- Be cautious of your tone
- Review, Review and Review
If you are still not certain about writing an effective Statement of Purpose, contact mapmystudy – your study in Australia consultants in Delhi. We have many years of experience helping students with their Statement of Purpose and other study abroad admission process. In 2016 itself, we have placed thousands of students in the top Universities and Colleges across the globe.